"2013 was a big year for us because our debut LP finally saw the light. Although it had been ready for a while it was nice to get it out and spread/get some nice vibes. Most of 2012 and 2013 has been spent writing and arranging new songs for our next album. It's going to be angelicus spectacularis and La Sagrada Familia. But at the same time auditus and nutritivae.
It wasn't just a great year for us but for a lot of our friends and mother earth. Here is a list of a couple of the best things that happened in 2013."
1. Our beloved synth professor Njål Paulsberg released his first EP called Breaking Through. He started out making beats for local Hip Hop acts when he was like 5 years old. He got into making house and electronic music after a while. Then he started making some form of baby Einstein pop eventually. Which is called Put Your Hands Up For Neo Tokyo.
2. Our beloved multi talented vocalist, guitarist, synthesist, percussionist etc Chris Holm released his debut album. He started out playing guitar, bass etc in different bands while he was still in the womb. A couple of years ago he decided to step out to the center the stage. Using Garageband and the built in microphone on his MacBook he recorded his debut album Kilos. It's a mix between Wu-Tang Clan and Earl Sweatshirt (if he knew how to sing) produced by Os Mutantes and Rick Rubin (on a good day).
3. Modular (that's you) started a new festival called FOR. It was located on an island called Hvar in sunny Croatia. We were so lucky to be part of it's first run and we hope you will make a tradition out of it. With us on the line up every year of course. Enjoy this picture of us taking a swim on our day of.
4. A couple of weeks ago my father called me and said he had great news. I thought it was something like a new sci-fi movie being made or some new mixture of food ingredients he had created. But no, it was a plastic eating fungi. Some Yale students went deep into the rainforest of Ecuador and found a fungus that can degrade synthetic materials. This is fantastic news for mother earth and maybe for the human race! True story. Read it here.
5. This year a parliamentary election was held and the political situation in Norway changed. The red-green coalition lost to the right wing and conservatives. This means bad news for a lot of things amongst these the arts. In the eyes of our new leaders art is not a profession or work its a hobby and it shouldn't get fundings from the government. The guys who wrote our national anthem are turning over in their graves. But in the midst of this I find something to make me proud of being a Norwegian and that's Magnus Carlsen. He is now the world champion in chess. And the youngest champion since some dude named Garry Kasparov. Which seems to be a pretty cool guy from what I can read while doing my research. Baby Einstein like Njål! Here are some pictures of the true leader.
You Might Also Like...
Fever , Tokyo, Japan
Fever , Tokyo, Japan
Upset, Nagoya, Japan
Shangri-La, Osaka, Japan
Cable, Hiroshima (Fukuyama), Japan
Bar Caezar, Ehime (Matsuyama), Japan
Crow Bar, Tokushima, JapanView All Dates